Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30th, 2011


Where did the last month go? As the Newfoundland expression has it: there she is, gone

There was the fire that Andreas made so we could celebrate Solstice.

And then, I loved reading The Big Love: Life and Death with Bill Evans by local author, Laurie Verchomin.

At our book club evening hosted by Chris & Dee Dee, we were all instructed in the fine art of traditional Danish dining, as well as the correct protocol for Aquavit toasts.
The fresh greens in Dee Dee's new garden.
The view of the wetlands from Sjogren's new home.

Then a few days later, the pleasures of a pizza that I made with French brie, caramelized onions, mushrooms, and rosemary ham.

Meanwhile, cruise ships out at sea cruised on past - oblivious to my incredible pizza..

Ah, yes. the month of June. Now I know where you went. There you are, gone ...

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea of a pictorial diary of the various happy events that make up a week, a month, a year...and eventually...our lives.

    I swear I could smell that pizza. Yum

    ReplyDelete