Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fruit Fly Flan



This hardly seems worthy of a blog, but after all, it is summer.

After our invited guests left for various ferries on Monday, we were left with our uninvited guests: the dreaded seasonal fruit flies.

So, what’s a gal to do? I checked out the fruit which was mostly still sound, cut up the good bits, and came up with what I will forever now call a Fruit Fly Flan. Since no fruit flies were harmed in making of this flan, it is even vegan-friendly.  Even better - it was also the essence of simplicity to prepare.

This is all I did: I rolled out one pie’s worth of pastry and placed it in a pie plate. Then, I laid down a tranch of fruit and covered it with a very light dusting of flour and sugar. Then, I added another layer of fruit, more flour/sugar, and another layer of fruit, and so on. Bake at 375 F till done (about 45 minutes). Serve as is, or with yoghurt or whipped cream.



Stupidly simple. My kinda pie.


1 comment:

  1. If there can be Shoo Fly Pie, why not Fruit Fly Pie? And yes, this is VERY worth of a blog post. YUM.

    ReplyDelete